Make today the day to treat yourself with all your favourite things!
The world is a hectic, busy place and everyone needs some downtime and a chance to hit pause on the stressful stuff. If you’ve been feeling burnt out, anxious, stressed, or depressed, this is your body and brain’s way of telling you that you need to take a break. How does spending a day dedicated to YOU sound?
You might be thinking, ‘Sure, a whole 24 hours of self-care sounds bliss, but I’m too busy with work/school/ family/friends… how will I find the time?!’ We know it’s not always easy to take time out of a busy schedule to make time for yourself, but if you can manage at least a few hours, we promise it’s worth it! Self-care isn’t selfish – it’s an important part of taking care of yourself. Self-care is anything you do to take care of your own physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing – it’s all about doing the stuff that makes you feel calmer, happier, and more relaxed.
Try our Splurge Day Diary plan on for size and see if a day of self-care improves your mood and wellbeing. Pick and choose from our self-care suggestions or come up with some of your own!
SPLURGE DAY DIARY
GOOD MOOD MORNING
Start the day right with a tasty brekkie! Why not:
- Order in from your favourite takeaway
- Whip up something quick and yummy in your kitchen
- Spend some time cooking something you’ve never made before but always wanted to
- Head out to a coffee shop or greasy spoon. You could meet a mate or dine solo!
Hit the self-care shower! You can:
- Enjoy an extra-long shower
- Use your best-smelling or most expensive shampoo and body wash – what are you saving it for anyway?!
- Sing at the top of your lungs – it’s a great way to release tension!
Blow off the cobwebs and get moving! Why not:
- Head out for a brisk walk – you don’t have to go far to get the blood pumping
- Try a mini workout at home
- Hit the gym and enjoy a blast of endorphins!
ALL IS WELL AFTERNOON
Got a hobby or activity you enjoy? Why not:
- Watch a movie or start that new series you’ve been meaning to check out
- Meet up with friends to go do something you love
- Take a nap!
- Settle down for a mega gaming session
Clear your mind! Being organised can make a huge difference to your stress levels. Why not:
- Tidy up your bedroom
- Organise your playlists
- Write a to-do list for the next day
Wind down and relax, ready for a good night’s sleep. You could:
- Soak in a bath with candles and a ton of bubbles!
- Read a book or magazine
- Doodle or draw – creative activities help calm the mind
- Do a face mask or light a scented candle
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook
Looking for more self-care ideas? Click here!
Whatever you decide to do on your Splurge Day, we hope you enjoy it. Soak up the benefits of feeling less stressed and more relaxed – you deserve it!