Discover how little random acts of kindness can make the world a better place to be…
We’re big fans of the #BeKind message here at Hidden Strength. Kindness costs you nothing and can go a long way to making the world a happier, healthier place – for you and everyone around you. February 17th is RAOK Day (Random Acts of Kindness Day) and it’s the perfect time to start injecting a little love into your world!
We want YOU to become a RAKtivist! Your goal is to make kindness the norm, spreading love and warm feelings wherever you go. Set the tone and others will follow – you can light the way with good deeds, kind words and generous gestures. It’s easy to make other people feel happy, special and loved, and it really doesn’t take a lot of effort or expense. Here are a few ideas to get you started on your RAKtivist journey!
- Pop a positive note or brightly coloured bookmark inside a book when you return it to the library. It’s a lovely little surprise for the next person!
- Give someone a compliment. The waitress making your morning coffee, the Amazon delivery driver, the person who sits next to you in class… your kind words could really make their day!
- Send a text to someone you haven’t seen in a while to let them know that you’re thinking of them.
- Let someone jump ahead of you in a queue.
- Bake a batch of cookies or cakes and take them in to your workplace to share with your colleagues.
- Do a chore for a family member without being asked. Wash your mum’s car as a surprise or mow the lawn and tidy up the borders.
- Still got time on that parking ticket when you return to your car? Gift it to someone pulling up behind you.
- Offer to help at a local retirement home. You could call bingo numbers, help with arts and crafts, or simply read to residents who have visual impairments. Your time could make a big difference to an elderly person’s day.
- Create a care package for a homeless person. Fill a bag or box with hygiene products such as soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as cosy gloves and a warm hat and scarf.
- Check with your local food bank to see what products they’re in need of. You can pick up a few extra items with your weekly shopping and donate them to help others in need.
- Offer to help a vulnerable neighbour. You could pick up some shopping for them, post a letter or help tidy up their garden.
- Got a few extra £££? Pay it forward when you’re next out for coffee or lunch. Paying it forward means leaving money behind the till to pay for food or drink for someone who is in need. This could be someone who is short on money, forgets their purse or wallet, or is homeless. Your couple of quid could make all the difference to their day.
GET MORE IDEAS ON HOW TO BUILD A KINDER WORLD HERE!
Join The Kindness Club!
To join the official RAKtivist community, click here: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/become-a-raktivist You’ll become part of an amazing kindness community; a group of people who make it their goal to spread only positive vibes. Their private Facebook group is a great place to meet like-minded people where you can share your ideas and complete monthly Kindness Missions. Discover more about RAK Day and the RAKtivist community here: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/