Get ready to have your best spring EVER with our top 10 tips on making the most of the longer days and the warmer weather…
As restrictions begin to relax and lift across the UK, we’re more excited than ever before for the arrival of spring and summer. It’s been a long, gruelling year for everyone, and we all deserve to kick back and relax in the sunshine with our friends and family. Here are 10 ways you can put some zing in your spring!
- BACK GARDEN GIG. Set up speakers and have your very own concert in the garden. Invite a few friends round if restrictions allow and make a day of it. Dress up in full-on festival gear and enjoy your favourite music with your mates in the sunshine.
- WATER FIGHT! Grab water guns, buckets, a hose or any old plastic container and go for it. Get your neighbours, friends, family or even the dog involved – anyone is fair game in this fight!
- STARRY NIGHT. Camp out in the garden overnight and do a spot of stargazing. It’s really relaxing and makes you feel at one with nature. Download a stargazing app to help you identify constellations and space stations.
- TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE. Get your family to help you recreate childhood photos. Dressing and posing as you did 10 or so years ago is always hilarious and a fun way to bond.
- STEP CHALLENGE. Looking to improve your fitness or missing the gym? Challenge your friends to a step challenge. Use your phones or fitness watches to track your progress and see who comes out on top as the ultimate champion!
- PARKLIFE. Make the most of your local park this spring, especially if you don’t have access to a garden. Being outdoors in the fresh air boosts your mood and is a welcome change of scene if you’re tired of being stuck in the house. Have a picnic with friends or explore a park you haven’t been to before.
- COVID TIME CAPSULE. Make a time capsule to commemorate and say goodbye to the past year. You could write notes about your experiences during the pandemic, and how it affected you. Add a positive wish for the future and dig it up in five years to see if it came true.
- SPRING-CLEAN YOUR SPACE. Give your room a welcome refresh with a spot of spring-cleaning. Try moving your furniture around or adding some new photos or pictures to give it a fresh, new look.
- PHOTO CHALLENGE. Create a new album on your phone and start to fill it with spring photos. Daffodils, cute lambs in a field, the sun in the sky – anything that reminds you of spring and makes you feel happy inside. You could even start a new Instagram account or update your pre-existing page to create a spring aesthetic.
- OLD-SCHOOL SPORTS. Get a group of mates together and hit the park for a game of rounders, cricket, football or dodgeball. Or why not set up an obstacle course or fitness circuit in your garden? You can do this solo or with a friend or family member.
Whatever you choose to do this spring, have fun! Don’t forget to stick to the COVID restrictions and guidelines to keep you and your loved ones safe. If you’re struggling to find the motivation or feel as if your mood is really low, please don’t suffer alone. Reach out and talk to someone you trust or call Childline on 0800 11 11.