Aged 18 or over and thinking of trying Sober October?
What Is Sober October?
Exactly what it says on the tin.
Why Should I Do Sober October?
There are HUGE benefits to going alcohol-free for a whole month:
- 70% of people sleep better. You could enjoy a more restful sleep than you’ve had in a long time.
- 86% of people save money. Less money spent on booze means more cash in your pocket! That’s money you can use to treat yourself to new clothes, a meal out with friends or save for a rainy day.
- 65% of people notice their general health improves. We’re talking brighter, healthier skin, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and, of course, NO MORE HANGOVERS. Say goodbye to groggy mornings, feelings of existential crisis, banging headaches and the thirst from hell. Say hello to better physical and mental health and wellbeing!
That’s not all. You’re more likely to adopt healthier drinking habits in the future by going alcohol-free for a month. Plus, there’s the long-term benefits – cutting back on alcohol or avoiding it completely reduces your risks of developing serious medical conditions such as liver disease and depression. Better still, if you sign up at https://www.gosober.org.uk/ you can help raise vital funds for people living with cancer!
Sober October – How It Works
It’s pretty simple!
- Sign up to the challenge.
- Go alcohol-free in October.
- Ask friends and family to donate to you.
- Help people living with cancer.
When you sign up you’ll receive supportive emails directly to your inbox, plus lots of great fundraising tips. These can really help you focus on your goal and spur you on when you’re having a rough day.
Team Up With A Mate!
Ask a friend if they fancy giving Sober October a go. It can be easier to make changes to your lifestyle with a friend by your side. Instead of heading to the pub on a Saturday night, find new activities you can both enjoy without alcohol. Swap binge drinking for a gaming night, hit the OJ instead of the pints and swerve the nightclub for a night at the cinema.
There are also lots of great alcohol-free wines, cocktails, beers and gins available if you still fancy a nightcap without the naughty. Simple swaps make it easier to go alcohol-free!
Get More Support
To get more tips and advice around going alcohol-free, click here.